Equinor awarded LOC a contract to provide marine warranty services for the subsea umbilical, risers and flowlines (SURF) portion of the project. The company’s scope of work includes a review of the project, procedural and technical design documentation relating to marine operations, as well as on-site attendance to approve operations for project critical cargo, pipelines, cables, and umbilical. In addition, the SURF development includes substantial subsea infrastructure of approximately 100 km of rigid pipelines. LOC has been providing marine warranty surveyor services for the Johan Sverdrup field since 2015. According to Kevin Sirski, managing director/naval architect at LOC Norway, the company will continue its work with this latest development through to the completion of phase two in 2022. loc-group.com
Angry fans of Sierra Leone’s national football team have attacked team captain Umaru Bangura’s house after he missed a decisive penalty.Bangura failed to convert a last minute spot kick in front of a huge crowd on Sunday.His miss meant Sierra Leone failed to get through to the next stage of the 2022 World Cup qualifiers.Liberia progressed 3-2 on aggregate and after the game, fans pelted Bangura’s home with stones.The windows and doors of his residence in the capital, Freetown, were left badly damaged. A song has even been released mocking his penalty miss.“[It was] one of the worst days of my life,” Bangura told the BBC on Monday while holed-up in his bedroom. “I can’t even go outside because I didn’t expect this kind of hostility towards me.“I did my job by stepping up as the captain to take the spot kick,” he added. “I am really disappointed. But at the same time I wish to say sorry [and] beg for their forgiveness.”Had Bangura scored, Sierra Leone would have levelled the two-legged tie 3-3 and gone through to the next stage on away goals.The country’s sports minister, Ibrahim Nyelenkeh, has condemned the attack on Bangura. “I was really disappointed with the Sierra Leoneans,” he told the BBC.“Some disgruntled hoodlums went to [Bangura’s] house and pelted stones at it,” he said. “It is not good for the game. He is our captain [and] football is a game of chance.”Mr Nyelenkeh added: “[Hooliganism] is becoming unprecedented. I think measures should be put in place to combat it.”RelatedIvan RamisJune 30, 2017Similar postSellas Tetteh: Sierra Leone Coach Quits Ahead Of Nigeria ClashMarch 13, 2020In “Africa”Leon Balogun Reveals Qatar 2022 AmbitionApril 22, 2020In “Featured”
Western Bureau :After winning their sixth consecutive ISSA Western Conference Basketball Under-16 and Under-19 titles, Herbert Morrison Technical High now look towards the all-island competition, which is set to begin on February 10. The Under-16s shook off the early-week scares and disappointment to clinch best of the three final series 2-1 at the Montego Bay Cricket Club Court last Friday with a comprehensive 63-43 win over St James High. They won the first game 86-81 after double overtime and lost 61-55 in the second. The Under-19 team completed a 2-0 series sweep over York Castle High on Wednesday at the same venue. They won 60-35 and 74-59 in the first and second games, respectively. Coach of Herbert Morrison, Dave Black, who last won the all-island Under-19 title in 2018, is hoping they can execute their game plan well against tougher opposition. “We knew the team we had put together was good enough to win the western title very easily. We are looking forward to the all-island where the real competition will be because that’s our aim all along,” said Black while speaking about the chances of the senior team. Turning to the Under-16s, he said: “Come the all-island, it’s just for these guys to focus for the full 40 minutes. Coming into this western final, I knew we were 15-20 points better than St James High, and today we executed so we just have to play at that level every time we touch the court. This set of guys placed third in Under-14s last year so we are just looking to better that,” he added. Omar Taylor, coach of St James High, was a bit disappointed in getting so close to their first Under-16 title and not taking the trophy home, but he said he is looking forward to the privilege of playing the all-island competition.“All-Island is always a privilege because it’s the best of the best, the cream of the crop. We are just going to take it one step at a time. We are not going to predict the outcome, we are just going to take every game as a final and see what happens from there,” Taylor said.
Singtel and South Korea’s SK Telecom have signed a Memorandum of Understanding (“MOU”). The MOU will see both companies cooperate and leverage each other’s assets to grow gaming and esports in Asia. The release further details that the MOU will see both companies work together on ‘developing and providing digital gaming content, solutions and services for gamers in the region’. The two companies will use their platforms and channels to upscale local events and leagues, as well as provide bespoke content for their respective portals. Singtel and SK Telecom will jointly utilise their platforms and channels to scale up regional esports events and leagues, as well as provide curated original and third party gaming content for their respective local portals.Mr Arthur Lang, CEO of Singtel’s International Group, commented: “SK Telecom is synonymous with gaming and has been a leader in the industry since the beginning. They have a wealth of experience and one of the most recognisable esports teams and personalities in the world today. Coupled with the Singtel Group’s deep local knowledge, telco assets and reach to over 675 million customers in the region, of which almost a third are gamers, we have the synergies and opportunity to really grow and develop the gaming ecosystem for gamers in Asia. I am very excited about this partnership and looking forward to working together to delight the gaming community in the region.” Mr Peter Ha, Chief Strategy Officer of SK Telecom, mentioned: “Singtel is one of the world’s leading telcos, with a strong presence in Asia. They have been strengthening their competitiveness in the gaming sector through numerous initiatives such as their PVP Esports Championship. SK Telecom is South Korea’s largest telco with an abundance of experience, technology, and infrastructure in gaming distribution and operation. Together we will be able to provide gamers in Asia with quality content and services, giving gaming a boost in the region and pushing it further into the mainstream.” The partnership will allow SK Telecom to extend its business and tap into markets where Singtel is strong such as Singapore, Australia, India, Indonesia, Thailand and the Philippines. Singtel, similarly, will look to take advantage of SK Telecom’s broad presence in Korea – where it’s one of the clear market leaders. It’s not the first move from Singtel in the industry. Back in October they signed their first MOU in the esport space and this pledge, with a giant such as SKT, looks to be a double-down on the commitment to growing the space.Esports Insider says: Good news coming out of Asia and SEA where there’s obviously huge market potential. As we all know, SKT are no strangers to esports & Singtel are repeatedly saying the right things. Now we’ve just got to wait and see what materialises.
MUNICH (AP):Leading figures at German champions Bayern Munich hit out angrily against the media for its reporting of the club’s recent loss of form, even threatening to take legal action if necessary.Bayern’s chairman Karl-Heinz Rummenigge, president Uli Hoeness and sport director Hasan Salihamidzic appeared together yesterday to speak out against what they consider unfavourable media coverage.Rummenigge labelled some of the criticism aimed at Bayern “derogatory, slanderous reporting” as he addressed a packed news conference.After winning the past six titles, the 28-time German champions are sixth in the Bundesliga and have not won their past four matches overall.”Today is an important day for Bayern Munich because we are telling you we will not put up with it anymore,” Rummenigge said.”Polemic seems to know no boundaries anymore … This applies to the media, it applies also to experts, and it applies above all to experts who once played football for this club.”Rummenigge even cited Article 1 of Germany’s basic law: “The dignity of man is sacrosanct.”The Bayern officials complained against ‘outrageous’ criticism of club stalwarts Manuel Neuer, Jerome Boateng and Mats Hummels following Germany’s 3-0 loss to the Netherlands last week.Former Bayern player Olaf Thon, now a TV pundit, said Boateng and Hummels were playing “old-man football” in the side’s central defence. Thon, a skillful midfielder who played for Bayern from 1988-94 stood by his criticism.Bayern who started the season well under new coach Niko Kovac, with seven straight wins in all competitions, have been the subject of critical coverage for its lacklustre play in recent games. Kovac’s side has appeared flat and laboured and were humiliated 3-0 at home by Borussia Moenchengladbach before the international break.