That’s “Mission Mike” a regular performer on the pier. He sings & plays guitar. According to him, the charges were dropped. 1 Comment November 1, 2019 at 12:52 PM Darwin Barrios says: Comments are closed. Judge will block Trump rules for detained migrant kidsPlanners want Promenade’s future to look like its pastYou Might Also LikeFeaturedNewsBobadilla rejects Santa Monica City Manager positionMatthew Hall7 hours agoBriefsLos Angeles Sheriff’s deputy accused of destroying evidence of 2019 assaultAssociated Press11 hours agoFeaturedNewsProtesting parents and Snapchat remain in disagreement over child protection policiesClara Harter18 hours agoFeaturedNewsDowntown grocery to become mixed use developmenteditor18 hours agoNewsBruised but unbowed, meme stock investors are back for moreAssociated Press18 hours agoNewsWedding boom is on in the US as vendors scramble to keep upAssociated Press18 hours ago HomeNewsCrimeCrime Watch – Man arrested for breaking into cigar store Sep. 28, 2019 at 6:02 amCrimeCRIME WATCHFeaturedNewsCrime Watch – Man arrested for breaking into cigar storeeditor2 years agoburglarycrimeCrime WatchLone Wolf Cigar CompanyMichael Rex Kilmartin On September 19, 2019 at 2:23 am, officers were called to the Lone Wolf Cigar Company located at 233 Broadway for a burglary. Two suspects smashed the window of the store, activating the alarm. They went inside, removed cartons of cigars and ran west, concealing the cartons under their sweaters. Officers were able to locate one of the suspects and arrested him without incident.Michael Rex Kilmartin, 31, of Los Angeles, was arrested for burglary. His bail was set at $20,000.Tags :burglarycrimeCrime WatchLone Wolf Cigar CompanyMichael Rex Kilmartinshare on Facebookshare on Twittershow 1 comment
Blog Steve works across all of Mobile World Live’s channels and played a lead role in the launch and ongoing success of our apps and devices services. He has been a journalist…More Read more NEW BLOG: So far, TD-LTE has been something of a ‘niche’ technology, as its sibling FDD LTE has been more widely deployed by operators moving to 4G. But the list of backers of TD-LTE – China Mobile, SoftBank, Vodafone Group, Bharti Airtel and others were involved at the formation of the Global TD-LTE Initiative (GTI) – indicates this isn’t going to be another WiMAX.With the Chinese authorities commercially licensing 4G services late last year, and operators worldwide keeping up the pace of new network launches, 2014 has the potential to be the year that TD-LTE makes it to the big time.From the outset, GTI has talked-up the importance of TD-LTE interoperability with FDD LTE, to avoid a similar situation to WiMAX, where a technology – regardless of its capabilities – ended up being something of an evolutionary dead-end. Indeed, TD-LTE is being seen as the path forward for many WiMAX players, who are looking to make the most of the spectrum they own while rejoining a more mainstream technology path.Deploying TD-LTE does offer a number of advantages for an operator. In many cases, they already own suitable spectrum which is lying fallow. And spectrum suitable for TD-LTE is often less expensive than the paired spectrum needed for FDD LTE services, making it a much more attractive proposition from a cost viewpoint.It seems likely that with the technology already at a state where it is enough of a proven concept to attract new players, many new TD-LTE rollouts will come from operators which already have an FDD LTE presence or, as in China, where FDD has yet to be licensed, but where operators are looking to support both technologies (as China Unicom and China Telecom have pledged).Indeed, China Telecom has already said that it will be looking for much of its network investments in the near future to support both technologies. The company became the 100th operator member of GTI when it joined earlier this year.But so far, there has been little evidence of operators supporting both TD-LTE and FDD LTE, and where a company has both, these have often not been fully integrated – for example with a mobile operation focusing on FDD, while a separate wireless business has shifted from WiMAX to TD-LTE.In many cases, FDD LTE is being used in bands such as 800MHz and 1800MHz which, while offering a number of advantages for first movers (primarily in terms of coverage characteristics and device availability), also have constraints in terms of capacity.Supplementing this with TD-LTE using higher-frequencies in high-traffic areas will enable operators to take the best from both worlds.Carrier aggregation across TD-LTE and FDD LTE networks is set to follow in the not-too distant future, giving operators the potential to offer seamless, high-speed services across the network flavours. At Mobile World Congress this year, Huawei and Vodafone Group demonstrated an LTE-Advanced network using 3 FDD carriers and 1 TDD carrier, delivering potential download speeds of 500 Mb/s.And last month, Huawei said it had worked with China Mobile to verify “multiple core TD-LTE-Advanced technologies”, including TD-LTE and FDD LTE carrier aggregation, offering theoretical peak rates of 250 Mb/s.Beyond China, there is also the potential for TD-LTE and FDD LTE convergence. In Japan, for example, the regulator is expected to issue the country’s mobile operators with 3.5GHz spectrum, which will be well suited to TD-LTE. While Japan has been one of the bellwhethers for TD-LTE through SoftBank, the new spectrum will further open the market for this technology.And while China Mobile is widely perceived as being one of the lynchpins of TD-LTE, the company also has some experience of FDD through its Hong Kong arm, which has deployed both technologies. This will stand it in good stead should it decide to support both in its home market.Next month, in line with Mobile Asia Expo, GTI will hold GTI Asia Conference. While it will be good to hear about the progress of the technology in China, it would also be nice to hear some new voices providing an update on their plans for the technology.The editorial views expressed in this article are solely those of the author(s) and will not necessarily reflect the views of the GSMA, its Members or Associate Members. Steve Costello Blog: Driving through a Covid-proof event Blog: The great big tower debate Related Author Blog: How is chip shortage affecting US? AddThis Sharing ButtonsShare to LinkedInLinkedInLinkedInShare to TwitterTwitterTwitterShare to FacebookFacebookFacebookShare to MoreAddThisMore 08 MAY 2014 HomeBlog Convergence key to TD-LTE growth Previous ArticleLINE reports revenue hike, hits 420M usersNext ArticleAlcatel-Lucent narrows Q1 loss Tags Bharti-AirtelChina MobileChina TelecomChina UnicomGlobal TD-LTE InitiativeGTIHuaweiSoftBankTD-LTETechnologyVodafone
The bathrooms and shelter at Nall Park are in need of repair.In addition to its move this week to use funds freed up from a Tax Increment Financing District (TIF) to help explore the potential redevelopment of the old pool site, the Roeland Park City Council also agreed to move several thousand dollars toward deferred park maintenance.It also was revealed that Nall Park on the city’s northwest corner is being considered as a possible site for a disc golf course and a technical mountain biking trail.One concern raised by council members is that Nall Park may be out of compliance with agreements that were put in place to obtain grants several years ago from the state and county. Keeping facilities in good working order was one of the obligations of the city, Councilor Teresa Kelly said. “We are not in compliance with our agreement.” The restrooms at Nall Park have not worked in more than a decade.“I feel strongly we need to not keep kicking it down the road,” said Council President Becky Fast, who has been a primary Nall Park advocate on the council. “Past councils just kept deferring,” she said. “We need to maintain our city property.”The TIF district that includes city hall, McDonald’s, Walgreens and QuikTrip, will expire in 2021 and produce about $1 million that could be used for capital improvements from 2016 to 2021. Some money from the TIF can be used for corrugated stormwater pipe replacement that in turn frees money from a special infrastructure fund.Mayor Joel Marquardt said the city in the past has not made a concerted effort to improve the parks. “The city should allocate money to make them what we want,” Marquardt said. Much of the improvement work in R Park recently has been spearheaded by a citizens fundraising committee.Councilor Michael Rhoades said he wanted some of the money dedicated for sidewalks and reminded the council that sales tax revenue will be reduced when Walmart leaves the city. Councilor Ryan Kellerman also said the council needed to keep in mind the tax rate.The council also debated the practicality of the portable toilet now located at the park with most councilors saying it is not an adequate solution for needed restrooms at the park. Kellerman at one point suggested people could walk to the community center for a restroom but that was rejected as impractical by other members. Fast said the toilet costs the city money and is not ADA accessible.The councilors agreed to move about $70,000 toward park maintenance.
Kuehner joined Panalpina 18 years ago and is being promoted to executive vice president, airfreight, effective January 1, 2019. He has been the global head of airfreight and a member of Panalpina’s executive committee since 2012.Winther joins Panalpina from Kuehne + Nagel, where he most recently served as president and regional manager Western Europe. He will assume the role of executive vice president, oceanfreight in February 2019. Panalpina says it will make a further announcement with regards to the logistics position at a later date.www.panalpina.com
Manu Ravano, CEO of IFCHOR, said, “We firmly believe that a combination of IFCHOR’s dry bulk expertise, competitiveness and connections and McQuilling’s Latin American history and presence will deliver clients with a highly effective shipbroking solution. The Latin American market, especially in terms of cargo, continues to grow and this partnership with McQuilling will enable us to provide our clients with greater access to the region.” Sea News, September 27 US headquartered McQuilling has a significant Latin American footprint and opened its Lima office in 2007 to serve as the base for its Latin American business. Switzerland headquartered IFCHOR has extensive expertise in dry bulk with a strong presence in the Capesize, Panamax and Handy to Ultramax international markets. John Schmidt, CEO of McQuilling, said, “McQ-IFCHOR SA is a bold and exciting move by both companies. Our joint venture with IFCHOR is consistent with McQuilling’s long term expansion program of joining with a valued partner in a strategic market.” Leading independent shipbrokers McQuilling Partners, Inc. and IFCHOR are pleased to announce the formation of McQ-IFCHOR SA, a joint venture focused on the Latin American dry bulk chartering and advisory services. McQ-IFCHOR SA will be led by Jean Magot from McQuilling’s Lima, Peru office. While the venture is in the process of hiring experienced personnel, further experienced staff has been assigned to the venture from McQuilling and IFCHOR Seattle, New York and Lausanne offices. Author: Baibhav Mishra
Chennai Super Kings star Suresh Raina has returned to India after arriving in the UAE for the 13th edition of the Dubai Indian Premier League. Raina’s return citing personal reasons. The player will not play in the IPL this year. Raina arrived in the UAE with the Chennai Super Kings on the 21st of this month for the IPL. Kovid 19 was confirmed yesterday for 13 wickets, including a bowler in the Chennai Super Kings team.Chennai Super Kings have confirmed the return of Suresh Raina to India.‘Suresh Raina has returned to India for personal reasons. He will not be available for the IPL this time. Chennai Super Kings extend all support to Suresh Raina and his family at this stage ‘- Chennai Super Kings CEO Kashi Viswanathan said in a message.Before returning to the UAE for the IPL, Raina attended a five – day camp in Chennai. Raina shared with fans on social media pictures of everything from going to Chennai for the camp to attending the camp and going to the UAE.Suresh Raina has announced his retirement from international cricket at the same training camp following former India captain Mahendra Singh Dhoni. The announcement of Raina’s retirement at the age of 33 has caused a mixed reaction in the cricketing world. Thirty – three – year – old Raina was sent a letter by Prime Minister Narendra Modi stating that it was not time to retire.Suresh Raina’s unexpected return is a major setback for Chennai Super Kings as they prepare for the IPL. He is the highest run scorer for Chennai in the IPL. Raina has scored 4527 runs from 164 IPL matches. Raina, who has played 158 matches in a row in the Chennai Super Kings jersey, is leaving the team for the first time since his injury in 2018.English Summary: Suresh Raina to miss IPL 2020 due to ‘personal reasons’
Henrietta United mauled FC Castle 11-2 when the Essequibo/Pomeroon leg of the GFF/NAMILCO Thunderbolt Flour Power U-17 Football League continued yesterday. Staged at the New Opportunity Corps ground, the duo of Alderon Austin and Ezekiel Scott combined to tally seven goals in the rout. Austin found the back of the net in the 18th, 74th, 77th and 84th minute, while Scott etched his name on the scorer’s sheet in the third, fifth and sixth minute.Adding a brace was Tareak Johnson in the 12th and 88th minute, whilst Emmanuel Smith and Shawn Norton netted in the 11th and 36th minute respectively.For the loser, Griffith Ronaldo and Eloyd Miguel scored in the seventh and 58th minute respectively. The event resumes today at the same venue from 15:00hrs when Dartmouth Dominators battle Good Hope. Meanwhile, the East Bank leg of the event resumes tomorrow at the Timehri Red Ground with three matches. At 10:00hrs, Timehri Panthers-B will oppose Soesdyke Falcons, while Herstelling Raiders engage Friendship All Stars from 12:00hrs.The final match will pit Samatta Point/Kaneville against Timehri Panthers-A from 14:00hrs.
Utah’s Sue Nyhus will be making golf history this week in North Carolina. Here’s why Related Utah’s Sue Nyhus shot a 14-over 85 in the first round of the U.S. Senior Women’s Open Thursday at Pine Needles Golf Club in Southern Pines, N.C., which puts her in a tie for 98th place.It wasn’t the start Nyhus was hoping for as she plays in a record ninth United States Golf Association event, the most any man or woman has played in.The 56-year-old from Orem, who is the women’s golf coach at Utah Valley University, got off to a rough start as she made double bogey at her first hole, the par-5 10th hole. She also double-bogeyed No. 15 and had bogeys at 11, 13, 14, 15 and 18 for a 45. She played better on her second nine as she made five bogeys for a 40.None of the golfers in the 120-player field could break par Thursday as Danielle Ammaccapane had the best score with a 1-over-par 72. To make the 50-golfer cut, Nyhus will likely need to shoot around 74 or 75 in Friday’s second round.
AD Quality Auto 360p 720p 1080p Top articles1/5READ MOREBasketball roundup: Sierra Canyon, Birmingham set to face off in tournament quarterfinals“We’re not going to stop,” said Eddy Cue, Apple’s vice president of applications. Apple will continue to expand its video offerings the way its song list grew from 200,000 in 2003 to more than 3 million today. The Cupertino-based company debuted TV shows and music videos on the iTunes store in October. The store has sold more than 15 million videos – at a current rate of about a million video downloads per week – and propelled a boom in video distributed over the Internet. Rivals include shows on the TV networks’ own Web sites and Google Inc.’s video store. Time Warner Inc.’s AOL also recently launched in2TV, which streams episodes of classic TV shows with ads. SAN JOSE – Apple Computer Inc.’s iTunes Music Store started selling Fox Entertainment Group’s programs on Tuesday, adding such TV shows as the hit series “24” and classic episodes of “Lost in Space” to its growing video portfolio. The distribution deal with News Corp.’s Fox introduces 16 more series to the popular online store, representing the platform’s largest programming debut from a single network. Apple, which already sells shows from ABC, CBS and NBC, now offers over 90 television shows from more than 20 networks. Like other iTunes programs, Fox downloads will cost $1.99 each. The Fox programs include “The Shield,” “Prison Break,” and “Buffy the Vampire Slayer,” among others, and is expected to grow. 160Want local news?Sign up for the Localist and stay informed Something went wrong. Please try again.subscribeCongratulations! You’re all set!
3 October 2013 South African public and private companies will be looking to participate in a number of transport infrastructure projects in Senegal following the visit to Dakar this week by President Jacob Zuma and a delegation of local businesspeople. Zuma declared his state visit a success on his return to South Africa on Wednesday, saying: “[A] lot has been accomplished at economic and political levels during this visit. There will be a lot of progress going forward”. According to the Presidency, Zuma and his Senegalese counterpart, Macky Sall, expressed their desire for South Africa and Senegal to work together to make Dakar an air transport hub serving the West African region. They agreed to pursue the establishment of a well-developed aviation maintenance service, and “instructed their ministers responsible for this sector to undertake the necessary steps as soon as possible”, the Presidency said in a statement. Dakar’s new international airport, the Blaise Diagne International Airport (AIBD), is due to open in the first quarter of 2014. A new 32-kilometre toll highway running through central Dakar and its surrounding areas was opened in August, with an extended section linking to the new airport due to open in late 2014. According to a joint communique issued after Zuma’s meeting with Sall, the Senegalese president “expressed Senegal’s wish for the continued involvement of South Africa’s Industrial Development Corporation (IDC) in the realization of the Blaise Diagne International Airport in Diass”. At the same time, Sall “praised the interest expressed by South African public and private companies (IDC, Transnet, Lonrho and TMMF Holdings) to form a consortium and participate in the realization of the Dakar-AIBD-Thies Railway Project”. The planned railway will link Dakar, the new airport and Thies, Senegal’s third-largest city, which lies 72km east of Dakar. Zuma and Sall also agreed on the twinning of Senegal’s Goree Island, which was at the centre of the slave trade, and South Africa’s Robben Island. “Goree Island also has an important history for South Africa, as that is where the then exiled ANC met with Afrikaner intellectuals in 1987,” the Presidency said. Following a visit to Goree Island on Wednesday, Zuma referred to that meeting, saying it was “very important as it served to demystify the ANC and help white South Africans in particular to understand it better. This island therefore has a special place in South African transitional history.” SAinfo reporter